February, 17, – A one-week Learning Benchmarking Workshop officially started in Adama Town Monday morning. The Learning Benchmark Workshop…
Capacity BuildingCapacity development and training is an essential component of ESAP2 to enable the grantees to implement social accountability tools and mechanisms. The capacity development and training component of ESAP2 will focus on increasing the capacity of Civil Society Organizations, policy-makers and service providers to respond to community and citizens’ needs and preferences. The capacity development strategy will be twofold:
- The Management Agency will be responsible for overall capacity development of grantees in the initial phase to ensure that all grantees are equipped to implement their grant objectives and address the capacity needs of their targeted audiences;
- The Grantees will be responsible for the capacity development of their CSO partners and their external audiences who include woreda officials/administrations and citizens/citizen groups. The Management Agency will play a close monitoring and support role in these capacity development initiatives.
- Ensuring that partner CSOs understand the implementation of social accountability tools and mechanisms.
- Capacitating partner CSOs to improve their own internal systems including financial management, monitoring and evaluation and grant management skills;
- Empowering citizens and woreda administrations to constructively and effectively engage with each other and other stakeholders on participatory planning and budgeting. This approach will contribute to creating ownership and sustainability of social accountability at the community, woreda and regional levels.
- Enhancing mechanisms for woreda administrations to respond more effectively to citizens’ needs and be accountable to their constituencies.