- World Café report – learning benchmarks February/March 2015
- Guide for Facilitators of Participatory Video Making
- Gender Responsive Budgeting
- GPRDO ESAP2 experience on rural roads (Rev 3)
- IWCIDA Rural Road Experience Feb 2015 (Rev 3)
The Ethiopia Social Accountability Program Phase 2 (ESAP-2) is part of the Promotion of Basic Services Program (PBS), which is implemented by the Government at regional, woreda and kebele levels. Financed through a World Bank read more
Social Accountability is a process by which ordinary citizens - who are the users of basic public services – voice their needs and demands and create opportunities to hold policy makers and service providers accountable for their performance. The process aims to improve the quality of and access to public basic services. Read more on SA concept and approach.
Every week we post a QUESTION & ANSWER on Facebook with one of the Stakeholders in Social Accountability: Social Accountability Partners and Management Agency, SAC members – citizens and basic service providers, and government officials from Finance and Economic and Development at various levels. Read more